[kictanet] Thika Road Debate

Rad! conradakunga at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 21:02:31 EAT 2012

Bwana Kibati. Why are there so many bodies to manage roads? That all
presumably have separate engineering, support, management and
administrative staff. Why?

Vision 2030 i would like to think is not just about infrastructure and ict.
We can also grow this country by streamlining inefficiencies
On 27 Jun 2012 20:10, "Evans Ikua" <ikua.evans at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>>>
>>> 2) We have a great deal yet to do. As one of you intimated, some of what
>>> we are doing ought to have been done on the 60s and while that may be true,
>>> we still have to do it today if we didn't do it then. This even as we
>>> simultaneously move to the next level. The challenges raised by listers
>>> here are precisely what we need to raise the bar!
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Mugo
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPad
>>>
>>> On 27 Jun 2012, at 11:34, waudo siganga < <emailsignet at mailcan.com>
>>> emailsignet at mailcan.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>   Noted Gaitho. Great article.
>>>
>>>  On Wed, Jun 27, 2012, at 09:32 AM, Macharia Gaitho wrote:
>>>
>>>  Waudo,
>>>
>>>  I did not say that Rural and Urban Roads Authorities lie in Mr
>>> Kidenda's docket; I said they fall BELOW has radar. Yaani, they are beneath
>>> him.
>>>
>>>  Regards,
>>>
>>> Macharia Gaitho
>>>

>>> On Jun 26, 2012, at 21:45, "waudo siganga" < <emailsignet at mailcan.com><emailsignet at mailcan.com>
>>> emailsignet at mailcan.com> wrote:
>>>

>>>    Overall I think Mr Gaitho is right. Kenya is a very advanced country
>>> in many respects but the poor roads are an enigma. One does not need to go
>>> far. I was impressed with the roads in Addis Ababa. Someone told me that
>>> the Addis-Moyale road is tarmacked smooth while the Nairobi-Moyale one,
>>> which is shorter, is not.
>>>  One factual correction though, The Kenya Rural Roads Authority and
>>> Kenya Urban Roads Authority are not under the purvue of Eng. Kidenda. He is
>>> in charge only of the Kenya National Highways Authority.
>>>
>>>  Waudo
>>>
>>>  On Tue, Jun 26, 2012, at 06:29 PM, Grace Githaiga wrote:
>>>

>>>  Listers
>>>
>>>  I think Macharia Gaitho is referring to our discussions on roads. For
>>> those who missed, the link posted below.
>>>
>>>  Let’s not gloat about building great roads until we venture out of
>>> Kenya
>>> <http://www.nation.co.ke/oped/Opinion/-/440808/1435452/-/lqcdb7z/-/index.html><http://www.nation.co.ke/oped/Opinion/-/440808/1435452/-/lqcdb7z/-/index.html>
>>> http://www.nation.co.ke/oped/Opinion/-/440808/1435452/-/lqcdb7z/-/index.html
>>>
>>>  Rgds
>>>  GG
>>>
>>>  The Kenya ICT Action Network (KICTANet) is a multi-stakeholder platform
>>>
>>>  KICTANetiquette : Adhere to the same standards of acceptable behaviors

>>>  DISCLAIMER: The information contained in or accompanying this e-mail
>>> is intended for the use of the stated recipient only.  It may contain
>>> confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information.  No
>>> confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission.  If
>>> you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all
>>> copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify the
>>> sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute,
>>> print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended