[kictanet] A simple security question

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 14:00:15 EAT 2012

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 12:44 PM, Solomon Mbũrũ Kamau
<solo.mburu at gmail.com>wrote:

> Apologies for cross-posting.
>

> This is a non-ICT related issue, but touches on people's security.
> Someone help me out.
> This is just a hypothesis:
>
> Let's say I'm carrying an IED in my back bag and attempt to enter a
> supermarket, the guard, with a metal detector, rolls the detector on
> me, asks me what I have in the back, and I say, Laptop. He lets me in.
>
> Do the security guards have training on handling bombs, or once a
> blast takes place, they run without looking back
>
> Solomon

@Solo,

Your question mirrors what I have always asked myself about the USELESS
security checks they do using a mirror, going round the car, asking one to
open the boot! I'd also like to ask - kwani people keep bombs, guns, IEDs
under the car or inside the boots/trunks?

It's a hopeless situation down here, but at the end of the day, the
Security Company/Guard earn their living. Never mind the fact that the most
I consider them to be is a scarecrow. My opinion.

Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,
Nairobi,KE
+254733744121/+254722743223