[kictanet] Failed States Index 2012 - Kenya #16, Somalia #1, Libya #50 (???),

Francis Hook francis.hook at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 14:49:29 EAT 2012

True true.

And coincidentally most of the "failed" or nearly failing states (at
least in Africa and ME) are
1 - New or existing oil producers.
2 - Have increasingly strong ties with China as development partners
(and potential markets for oil e.g. S Sudan, Sudan, Angola, Uganda,
etc)
3 - Rich in natural resources (DRC - story for another day - merits a
chapter of its own)

--
Francis Hook
+254 733 504561