[kictanet] Kenya IGF (July 6, 2012)

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Fri Jun 8 05:29:32 EAT 2012

Grace

Could we possibly add:-

1. Kenya's position on the current debate on the direction of Internet Freedom & Governance (or at least start discussion on it and developing consensus)

2. Net Neutrality - This topic is bound to start eliciting heated emotions as it has in the US where content developers and owners have had to compromise with ISPs & Telcos. We have already seen debates on whether to block torrents and one telco going as far as terminating 'unlimited' bundles because of 'misuse'.

For more on Net Neutrality

http://topics.nytimes.com/topics/reference/timestopics/subjects/n/net_neutrality/index.html

http://www.publicknowledge.org/issues/network-neutrality

Thank you