[kictanet] Pivot East - Mobile Start-up Pitching Conference 5th & 6th

John Kieti jkieti at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 10:18:15 EAT 2012

Hello Listers,

The growing mobile startup culture is something many of us wish to support.
Its a rapidly growing sector promising to improve our competitiveness as a
global ICT hub.  Already some of you have supported finalists of this
year's Pivot East pitching conference with mentorship and coaching - a big
thanks to you all!

The conference at Ole Sereni Hotel on *5th and 6th June* is where you can a
catch up with the trends and learn about innovative solutions coming from
across East Africa. 25 innovative local companies will pitch against each
other where 5 category winners get $10,000. The pitching sessions will be
punctuated by fire-side chats where thought leaders representing
Development Agencies, Government Ministries and Large Corporates will share
insights on matters pertinent to mobile innovation and entrepreneurship.
M-farm, one of our local innovative companies will also launch their new
applications in the evening of 5th June at the same venue.

This is a reminder to all those interested in the mobile start-up scene not
to miss the action. There will be a live stream on Capital FM for those who
will not make it to the venue. Live tweets will have the hash tag
#PivotEast<https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23PivotEast>.
For more information on this see the event website http://www.pivoteast.com.

Best regards
The ordinary just won't do