[kictanet] [ISOC_KE] EAIGF Final Programme July 17-18, 2012

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 16:43:18 EAT 2012

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 4:19 AM, Daniel Otieno Omondi
<dottocomp at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Grace and listers,
>  that was a well organized programme and now to move on we need to give the
> ATU and ITU greater influence over internet governance

I could be wrong but I think the global ISOC position is that we do
NOT want the ITU to have a more significant role in IG

 as well as major
> Telecoms issues such as accounting rates and termination charges for the
> next generation networks,data,privancy,cybersecurity,international mobile
> roaming and equipment specifications.

They already are the folks who decide about the above.  The danger is that they
will decide that double monetization is ok (even required), so
yahoo/Google/Facebook/$content providers
will have to pay to use the pipes that we as subscribers have already paid for!!

--
Cheers,

McTim