[kictanet] [ISOC_KE] EAIGF Final Programme July 17-18, 2012

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Fri Jul 20 13:04:47 EAT 2012

Daniel

Jury (Judge?) still out on whether ATU/ITU need greater influence on
internet governance. I think that the ecosystem that has worked pretty well
to a large extent needs to be expanded to include these players and not
necessarily giving any one or two player greater control...

Having said that can the conveners please circulate the final discussion
points and way forward of the last day of the EAIGF?

Kudos again to the Young Turks (Barrack, Gracex2 etc) and Alice for great
organisation and content.

Ali Hussein

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 11:19 AM, Daniel Otieno Omondi
<dottocomp at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Grace and listers,
>  that was a well organized programme and now to move on we need to give
> the ATU and ITU greater influence over internet governance as well as major
> Telecoms issues such as accounting rates and termination charges for the
> next generation networks,data,privancy,cybersecurity,international mobile
> roaming and equipment specifications.
>
> Thanks
>
> Daniel Omondi
>
>   ------------------------------

*Ali Hussein|Managing Partner*

*
*Telemedia Africa
Azania Technology Group

Chaka Court, Argwings Kodhek Road

P O Box  14556-00100

Office: +254 737 751409

Cell:     +254 773/713 601113

*Nairobi, Kenya*

Twitter: @AliHKassim

Skype: abu-jomo

"You generally hear that what a man doesn't know doesn't hurt him, but in
business what a man doesn't know does hurt.". - E. St. Elmo Lewis, member,
Advertising Hall of Fame