[kictanet] Fw: Yawe migrates to Digital TV

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 10 12:59:06 EAT 2012

John,

Unfortunately I might not be the best person to answer most of your questions but I presume that their are many on this list who are better qualified and I hope they will come forward and give us a response.

In my understanding the STB should be a standard device that would provide access to the free to air channels, the smart card is meant to enable the descrambling of pay channels which would suggest that any providers smart card should be able to work.

My position is taken from the issue of digital ready TVs which I believe come with a generic smart card reader otherwise you would need to buy a different TV set for each provider.

I believe this issue was left silent in the policy document so as to allow the flexibility for the early entrants to recoup part of their investment from sale of the decorders.

That's my two cents on the issue

Regards

Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd