[kictanet] Fw: Yawe migrates to Digital TV

John Gitau jgitau at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 09:32:32 EAT 2012

Robert,
on no. 6 below:

<quote> 6.  Slot in the Smart Card into the STB </quote>

Does this mean you could for arguments sake buy a smart card from another
vendor - not the one you bought the decoder from and insert it on the slot?
If I buy a GoTV decoder can a smart card from SmartTV be used on it to
descramble their content?

Also is there a standards document somewhere that the government/KEBS uses
to certify the decoders?
Lastly is there any localization; like can I get the EPG (electronic
program Guide) in Kikuyu or Swahili?

The last one might not be a requirement now but if we go to some rural
areas, this will start to make more sense.

Does any one have a link or info on the actual government position on soem
of the issues above, a policy paper maybe? Im trying to answer questions
like what interfaces MUST be on a decoder for this market, is
standardization of the hardware across vendors a requirement? etc etc.

Gitau

**Gitau