[kictanet] One-Day Introductory BCP/DRP

Matunda Nyanchama mnyanchama at aganoconsulting.com
Wed Jan 25 00:48:19 EAT 2012

Friends,

You may be interested in  the attached that was circulated within the financial services sector. Kenya Institute of Bankers tell me the course is open to all who enroll.

See you there.
--------------------------

RE:          BUSINESS CONTINUITY MANAGEMENT
{INTRODUCTORY LEVEL} COURSE: 10TH FEBRUARY, 2012 AT THE NAIROBI
SAFARI CLUB

Business disruptions can occur either permanently or
temporarily at any time due to unpredictable disasters. Such disasters could
strike in form of natural disaster (e.g. fire, flood, earthquake, etc) or
man-made disaster (e.g. war, strike, riot, civil commotion etc.). Every Bank Management
should be prepared by having in place business resumption plans against such
occurrences, to ensure continued business operations in the face of disruption.
Only businesses that are prepared to face disasters of any kind, in times of
crises, are likely to survive.

This one day introductory level Business Continuity
Management course will expose participants to existing and emerging practices
in BCM for purposes of raising resiliency.  Participants will learn how to identify and define problems, plan,
respond and recover when disasters happen.

This course will therefore be of immeasurable benefits to
executives and managers responsible for:
*  Enterprise Risk Management,
*  Technology Planning Deployment & Management,
*  Human Resource Management,
*  Facilities Planning & Management.
*  ICT Operations Personnel responsible for BCP and DRP.
*  Officials concerned with Business Continuity & Crisis
Management.
*  Project Managers,
*  Public Relations
*  Corporate Communications Managers.

Please note that the Kenya Institute of Bankers is
registered with the D.I.T. as an approved provider of training services, and
Banks/Financial Institutions should submit their applications in reasonable
time for the training.

Please submit your nominations on the attached forms, so as
to reach us by 3rd February, 2012.

Yours Sincerely,

S.N. Anjichi
Executive
Director, Kenya Institute of Bankers

Matunda Nyanchama, PhD, CISSP; mnyanchama at aganoconsulting.com
Agano Consulting Inc.;  www.aganoconsulting.com; Twitter: nmatunda;  Skype: okiambe
Be prepared to face ICT Security failures & know how to respond when they happen!
Call: +1-888-587-1150 or info at aganoconsulting.com

"A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk I have a workstation…" - Anonymous
This e-mail, including attachments, may be privileged and may contain confidential or proprietary information intended only for the addressee(s). Any other distribution, copying, use, or disclosure is unauthorized and strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and permanently delete the message, including any attachments, without making a copy. Thank you.