[kictanet] Google's Antics on Mocality

Francis Hook francis.hook at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 22:05:19 EAT 2012

Hi Sammy,
Yes indeed. I agree. If I may distill what I meant:
1 - Google have right of reply - and indications are that this is
forthcoming and should be allowed to happen. If there are errant
agents involved, this should be admitted by Google themselves.
2 - Any aggrieved party can state their grievance and be entitled to
pursue the matter.  Only the aggrieved parties should be in the fray.
3 - Those not working for Google, Kenic or Mocality (or other parties
if any) should have solid ground to enjoin themselves in the issue -
otherwise subjective and speculative commentary  needlessly inflames
passions, foments polarity among different sides and makes murky the
waters.

That's all I meant.  And also with due respect to all parties and
those that have participated in this discussion.

Thanks

On 16/01/2012, Sammy Buruchara <Buruchara at me.com> wrote:
> Francis,
>
> I beg to differ. Kenic which is holds the .ke registry is also an
> aggrieved party as there is currently no partnership agreement between
> Kenic and Google yet its name has been mentioned adversely if not
> tarnished by Google's activities. Expect a press statement shortly in this
> regard.
> So Kenya is indeed in the mix of this.
>
> Sammy
>
> On 1/16/12 9:16 PM, "Francis Hook" <francis.hook at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Oh dear - this has taken quite a tangential course!
>>
>>What I meant is that the buck must stop somewhere - and the statement
>>by Google is implicit that it has stopped somewhere high up and we
>>should await details and not preclude action on their part. If we
>>start blamestorming and offering up  Google agents and supposed 'agent
>>provocatuer's on the list into the mix, then we'll lose sight of the
>>shore. The aggrieved party is Mocality (and somewhere at the periphery
>>Kenya). Let them receive a response.
>>
>>On 16/01/2012, lordmwesh <lordmwesh at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Probably some listers are on the payroll of big brother. Google has
>>> tentatively admitted error, and even apologized as they "investigate"

>>> --
>>> Mwendwa Kivuva
>>> For
>>> Business Development
>>> Transworld Computer Channels
>>> Cel: 0722402248
>>> twitter.com/lordmwesh
>>> transworldAfrica.com | Fluent in computing