[kictanet] Google's Antics on Mocality

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 16:27:01 EAT 2012

On 1/16/12, lordmwesh <lordmwesh at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I am wondering what Google's aswer is to this clear case of dirty
>> > tricks.
>>

>> Their initial reaction was :
>>
>> 'We were mortified to learn that a team of people working on a Google
>> project improperly used Mocality’s data and misrepresented our
>> relationship with Mocality to encourage customers to create new
>> websites. We’ve already unreservedly apologised to Mocality. We’re
>> still investigating exactly how this happened, and as soon as we have
>> all the facts, we’ll be taking the appropriate action with the people
>> involved.'
>>
>> Am sure we will hear more soon.
>>
>> --
>> Cheers,
>>

> Google PR team are misjudging our intelligence with such a flimsy
> statement. Even a kid can read in between the lines.

It was from nelson mattos, who I think is VP for EMEA, not from PR.

Not being a child, I can't read in between any of these lines, maybe
you can fill us in on what you infer?

Knowing what I know about google, the folks in charge of Google KE
(and the region), I am quite confident that none of these shenanigans
were approved by them.

I think that James was right when he suggested it was a sub-contractor
who was responsible and not Google folks themselves. Still, Google
needs to make this right, as they (and their partners) are all
tarnished by this misbehavior.

--
Cheers,

McTim