[kictanet] Google's Antics on Mocality

James Mbugua jgmbugua at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 12:01:29 EAT 2012

Clearly, Stefan and his team turned out to be a bit more sophisticated
than Google would have expected.

The "Sting code" was a master stroke.

Inevitably, the spot light will now turn to Google EA and Kenic who
are responsible for assigning country level domain names here.

Google is an advertising firm not a collector of annual fees and
Sh2000 per year seems like way out of its core business. So I suspect,
a third party with possibly an agreement with Kenic, who actually
collect the registration fees, is responsible.

To pre-empt the inevitable, Kenic should also come out with a definite
statement on this issue!

James Mbugua