[kictanet] Equity Bank's ATMs a big let down

Zachary Ochieng zzachmbir at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 12 10:23:39 EAT 2012

Fellow listers,

Compliments of the New  Year. I believe some of you are “members” of
Equity Bank and must have undergone frustrations accessing your money from
their ATMS.  Most of the Equity ATMS are
obsolete while the seemingly new ones are poorly maintained and rarely function.
Upon visiting these ATMs, the message likely to greet you is “I am being
serviced” or “I am out of service”, resulting into long and winding queues in
the ATM lobbies.

Often times, one is then forced to saunter into one of their
banking halls, which are equally crowded. Although initially the breakdowns
were experienced during month ends when customers troop to the ATMs in droves
to withdraw money, it has now become a common phenomenon even in the middle of
January when most people have no business to transact at the ATMS. For a bank
that boasts a robust IT platform, this is unacceptable especially in this age
of technological revolution. The Equity CIO is sleeping on the job. I am
contemplating withdrawing my “membership”.

Regards,

Zach

Be the change you want to see in the world

Zachary Ochieng
Editor/Journalist
Cell: +254 726 473 388
Blog: http://ochiengzach.blogspot.com