[kictanet] Robert Yawe for PMG Integrity test

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jan 9 11:51:40 EAT 2012

Solomon,

I had taken a much overdue holiday and decided that it would only be effective if I kept totally away from computers.

I am know back, here are my answers to your questions

Do you still, if the opportunity arises, consider yourself
a candidate for the position of PMG?

- Yes, I continue to place myself out there as a candidate for the post of PMG

How would you turn this state corporation
profitable, in the shortest time possible?

- PCK is a sleeping giant that only needs to be woken up, with its physical facilities still intact (include the plot opposite Yaya Centre thanks to the AG) this is an easy process as simple as pinching its noose.

PCK is a logistics company and the sooner this is realised by its employees and owners (GOK) the sooner the organisation can begin to provide employment and training opportunities as well as contributing to the exchequer.

With over 600 physical locations evenly distributed across the country PCK remains the single largest logistics organisation in the country today.  If for example Safaricom was to entrust PCK with its logistical requirements for SIM cards and airtime the organisation will immediately meet its payroll costs.

For over 3 years I have preached that PCK is the missing link in the implementation of ecommerce in the country a conviction I still retain.  With 14 million internet users and over 17 million mobile money users the only reason why Kenya continues to have a disparity in product pricing is the lack of an efficient and reliable logistics provider.

Regards

PS.  Telkom Kenya was the only player that could make mobile telephony what it is today because it had the reach all that Vodafone did was leverage on an existing infrastructure.

Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor
P O Box 55806 Nairobi, 00200