[kictanet] [KICTAnet] TEAMS | EASSY Fiber Cables Cut? SEACOM | LION?

Matunda Nyanchama mnyanchama at aganoconsulting.com
Wed Feb 29 21:31:24 EAT 2012

Critical infrastructure protection based on sound risk management was the subject of my presentation at a past AITEC conference in Nairobi. I can share the presentation with those interested.

As we become more and more dependent on complex interconnected infrastructure, the chances of failure increases; ditto for potetial negative impact. We need a comprehensive mapping of critical components of this infrastructure, an assessment of associated risks and finally clear mitigation steps, including rapid response mechanisms to deal with incidents when they happen.

The essence of business continuity comes to play here and needs to be the basis of risk assessment with respect to availability.

Baadaye.

Matunda Nyanchama, PhD, CISSP; mnyanchama at aganoconsulting.com
Agano Consulting Inc.;  www.aganoconsulting.com; Twitter: nmatunda;  Skype: okiambe
Be prepared to face ICT Security failures & know how to respond when they happen!
Call: +1-888-587-1150 or info at aganoconsulting.com

"A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk I have a workstation…" - Anonymous
This e-mail, including attachments, may be privileged and may contain confidential or proprietary information intended only for the addressee(s). Any other distribution, copying, use, or disclosure is unauthorized and strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and permanently delete the message, including any attachments, without making a copy. Thank you.