[kictanet] TEAMS | EASSY Fiber Cables Cut? SEACOM | LION?

Harry Delano harry at comtelsys.co.ke
Wed Feb 29 21:13:29 EAT 2012

Some local Telcos seem to initially have conveniently given KIXP a wide
berth, ( Perhaps to avoid associated costs
of Loops/peering etc)  and so it cannot be gainsaid that we again got caught
flat-footed.. and now the chicken are
finally coming home to roost, and so it is just right that we all should
learn our lessons and move to set up a proper
infrastructure that mitigates the 'unforeseen' in future.

Now, what about the ship. Is it still docked at the port. How did it score
such a direct hit?  How about re-routing the
different cables to different landing points - not sure what motivated the
different entities to 'bundle' them together
through a single point of entry and thereby also according a single point of
failure.

As an important information Superhighway gateway, this infrastructure should
now be accorded a 'national security'
status Asap..!  How many Billions has the country lost to date.. or stand to
lose if we do not remedy immediately to
convince those coming to set up shop that we have redundancy to the highway?
Anyone doing the maths..

Regards,
Harry