[kictanet] Unscrupulous domain registrars or . . .

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Feb 29 08:21:37 EAT 2012

Hi,

I visited site called WebHostKenya.com to search for the availability of the domain name wingu.co.ke and hopefully be able to register it, the domain name not available so I searched for an alternative wingu.ne.ke

When I made the initial search the domain name was available just to check again a few minutes later and it had been taken up, the concerning issue is that the registrar in question is the one who holds the wingu.co.ke domain name.

Is this my over active conspiracy mind at work or is it possible that the registrar can view my search and then register the domain so as to force me to pay him more later?

Regards

Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor