[kictanet] Attempt to impose US style copyright maximalism to Africa thwarted

Brian Munyao Longwe blongwe at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 18:06:29 EAT 2012

I just came across this, and was quite surprised that it hadn't come
up on any of the African mailing lists that I subscribe to. The failed
"Africa IP Forum"

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20120227/02460817885/commerce-department-postpones-africa-ip-forum-after-people-point-out-how-one-sided-it-is.shtml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

What would be even worse is that the next time the event is organised,
it's proponents take brainwashed African representatives to blindly
support the proposals. As Africans we must watch these things
closely...

--
Brian Munyao Longwe
e-mail: blongwe at gmail.com
cell:  +254715964281
blog : http://zinjlog.blogspot.com
meta-blog: http://mashilingi.blogspot.com

"Give us clear vision that we may know where to stand and what to
stand for, because unless we stand for something, we shall fall for
anything."