[kictanet] [KICTAnet] TEAMS | EASSY Fiber Cables Cut? SEACOM | LION?

Nicholas J Dear ndear at sundayafternoon.me.uk
Tue Feb 28 17:07:22 EAT 2012

This only makes sense if it makes sense to build data
centres in Kenya - I don't believe it does.

If you look at all the recent major data centre build outs
(Apple, Google) - they're either happening where there is
enormous amounts of cheap energy, or where it's extremely
cold. Kenya doesn't have either of these features and I
can't see how it's going to generate large quantities of
cheap energy any time soon.

N.