[kictanet] TEAMS | EASSY Fibre Cables Cut? SEACOM | LION?

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Feb 28 15:17:46 EAT 2012

The ship dropped anchor.

Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor
P O Box 55806 Nairobi, 00200
Kenya

Tel: +254722511225, +254202010696

________________________________
 From: Philip Okundi <philip.okundi at gmail.com>
To: robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Cc: KICTAnet ICT Policy Discussions <kictanet at lists.kictanet.or.ke>
Sent: Monday, 27 February 2012, 17:22
Subject: Re: [kictanet] TEAMS | EASSY Fibre Cables Cut? SEACOM | LION?

CCK Ag DG should confirm the operating condition of TEAMS/EASY/SEACOM/LION optical cables all terminating at Mombasa. He should also confirm whether there is an operating agreement with the KPA authorities (ie the MD) that all shipping vessels that dock in KPA berthing facilities in Mombasa shall NOT interfere with any of these fibre cables.

Philip Okund

Sent from my iPad

LION is a cable meant to connect the Oceanic Islands to the Internet, through the cables at Mombasa. I doubt if it has onward connectivity (this is according to the Orange CEO in an interview done for the March issue of CIO East Africa Magazine)