[kictanet] Online Security in Kenya needs to be mainstreamed

Brian Munyao Longwe blongwe at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 21:28:59 EAT 2012

Hey Michuki,

Nice to see a thoughtful response. I will be commenting in greater detail
soon, but just for the meantime here's some more food for thought.

A group calling themselves "Rwandan-Hackers" compromised the Standard Media
website yesterday and published online a list of KTN Live members which
included username, encrypted password and email addresses, a snippet
follows:

   1.                                  HACKED BY RWANDAN HACKED
   2.
   3.
   http://rwandan-hackers.blogspot.com/
   4.
   5. Target:http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/
   6. Date:09/02/2012 18:27:43
   7. DB Detection:MySQL (Auto Detected)
   8. Method:GET
   9. Type:Integer (Auto Detected)
   10. Data Base:eastand_xp
   11. Table:ktnlive_members
   12. Total Rows:831
   13.
   14. username        password        email
   15. 007finanz       d3ce7658a5c2c9f66790ed0f5d4970ad
   007finanz at gmail.com
   16. 05mark  77a6bc8aedf55b28f38794e2d5b0d3a1        muniukm at yahoo.com

The complete list with close to a thousand names is at:
http://pastebin.com/QCtP3AxH
Best regards,

Brian

--