[kictanet] MEDIA COUNCIL AND CLASSIC105

Mark Mwangi mwangy at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 18:09:42 EAT 2012

Well having been directed by an illustrious colleague to the CCK website, I
found the following documents.

http://cck.go.ke/links/consultations/current_consultations/draft_programme_code-rev_2_nov_2010.pdf

http://cck.go.ke/links/consultations/current_consultations/Broadcasting_complaints_handling_procedure_-January_2011.pdf

In my view these show that though the CCK doesn't directly want to meddle
in complaints issues, it is solidly in charge. In my view, the buck stops
with them. They are responsible for regulating the technical aspects of
transmission and content on the airwaves. Self regulation is like telling
the Mungiki to regulate themselves. Not very realistic.

Regards,

Mark Mwangi

markmwangi.me.ke