[kictanet] Weird Things ...

Paul Kukubo pkukubo at ict.go.ke
Wed Feb 8 10:19:47 EAT 2012

Eugene

The very definition of BPO/ITES suggests we are course. The strengthening
of software skills helps with our outsourcing journey.
Despite certain constraints specifically on incentives to international
outsourcers wanting to locate here, the project to develop a centre of
excellence for BPO training is on course. (see www.ict.go.ke for details)

When we announced over 2 years ago that we would be doing this
certification among other things, we did not get any pushback. Yesterday a
representative from the software dev community attended our press
conference and it was encouraging to hear his perspective. Basically
arguing that standards can only make things better.

The choice to certify will be up to individuals and firms.

Regards

Paul Kukubo
CEO Kenya ICT Board

On Tuesday, February 7, 2012, Eugene Lidede (Synergy) <eugene at synergy.co.ke>
wrote:
> Agosta,
>

> Seems like KICTB has finally abandoned it BPO/ITES campaign and is on to
new things in the software development arena. Line up your team at PesaPal
to get this new certification least they churn substandard software going
forward.

> For once Mr. Liko, allow the wind to follow the smoke…
>

> Regards

kictanet-bounces+eugene=synergy.co.ke at lists.kictanet.or.ke] On Behalf Of
Agosta Liko
> Sent: Sunday, February 05, 2012 2:00 PM
> To: Eugene Lidede
> Cc: KICTAnet ICT Policy Discussions
> Subject: [kictanet] Weird Things ...
>

> Samsung launched its 2nd Engineering Academy with a local Educational
Institution

> The ICT Board on the other hand is working with a Foreign Institution to
launch a Kenyan software development certification

--
Paul Kukubo
Chief Executive Officer, Kenya ICT Board

12th Floor, Teleposta Towers Koinange Street

Tel +254 20 2089061, +254 20 2211960
Fax: +254 20 2211962
website: www.ict.go.ke
local content project: www.tandaa.co.ke, www.facebook.com/tandaakenya
twitter:@tandaaKENYA
BPO Project: www. doitinkenya.co.ke
Digital Villages Project: www.pasha.co.ke

personal contacts
_______________

Cell: + 254 717 180001

skype: kukubopaul
googletalk: pkukubo
personal blog: www.paulkukubo.co.ke
personal twitter: @pkukubo

Vision: Kenya becomes a top ten global ICT hub

Mission: To champion and actively enable Kenya to adopt and exploit ICT,
through promotion of partnerships, investments and infrastructure growth
for socio economic enrichment