[kictanet] why safaricom has no competition

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Feb 7 10:46:21 EAT 2012

Hi Hussein,

I fully agree with you on that point, it not that Safaricom is doing anything better just that the rest are mediocre, as is said "in the land of the blind the one eyed man will be king".

Just to prove your point, I have been trying to get a comprehensive pricing from Safaricom of their cloud offering and all I have been getting is twitter type responses.

Why can't they just have a kiosk type menu where one can pick what they need without having to send 100 emails to 20 different departments/people a.k.a silos over a period of 2 months.

Selling cloud is not new Amazon has been at it for years (now offering 5 GB free cloud storage), the Indians are doing it www.esds.co.in but the Kenyans are trying to recreate the wheel.

"Self deception is the easiest form of deception"

Regards

Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor