[kictanet] Weird Things ...

Evans Ikua ikua.evans at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 09:34:07 EAT 2012

I would say this project is timely from several perspectives. The reality
is that there are very many developers out there who have studied software
development from many different environments, some even being self-taught.
In this kind of scenario, we need a benchmark that can put everyone on the
same level and make the work of recruitment easier for employers and
contractors. Its especially important that the certification would be
vendor neutral (and hopefully also based on Open Standards).

My suggestion is that we would also need another certification for vendor
neutral Sys Admins, one that would still be recognized internationally. All
these would be the professional credentials that eveyone practicing IT
would have to take to be considered an IT pro, leading to admission into an
industry professional body like the CSK, regardless of where they went to
college or if studied on their own through experience.

Regards,
Evans Ikua