[kictanet] Digital migration and mass ignorance

meshack emakunat memakunat at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 22 18:37:36 EAT 2012

Dear listers

I feel that the government can kill two birds with one stone

	* bird number one is the reduction in the unemployment rate in the country by facilitating for the manufacture of thas stbs locally, i mean how many graduant and innovators are kept off simply because the platfoam to grow there ideas is so little for them to fit in. the government can utilise the brains from the locall universities to kill this bird.
	* bird number two is the migration from analogue to digital as so argues this discussion thread. I am sure all understand the benefits of the moving from analogoe to digital. besides these bird number two may also act as an enabler for bird number one by creating more employment.
but first, for us to kill these btwo birds we will have to set a platfoam and prepare ourselves otherwise if we go in harriedly we may scare both orf them and end up with nothing. all am saying is may the cck carry out an awareness to the public about the whole digital migration and the benefits of it. am sure such an exercise can not take more than one month (considering that most recently we have carried out voter registration exercicse in 30 days only). during this time people will be able to budget for the stbs meanwhile the brainees in the universities are producing the stbs. Its a vicious cycle for economic development that we so much choose to ignore as kenyans. for example"the coffee industry" which everyone knows what happens.