[kictanet] Digital migration and mass ignorance

Dennis Kioko dmbuvi at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 14:10:57 EAT 2012

>From what I gather, (and my experience so far) Digital TV appears to be of
poorer quality than Analogue broadcast. In some countries though, the
switch has seen people enjoy higher quality as the switch sees existing
stations broadcast in High Definition rather than Standard Definition.

In Kenya, it appears some transmitters have so many stations that
broadcasting is below Standard Definition to accommodate all.

Is this the case, and is there quality assurance on the shift? If the
government wants to add more broadcasters, shouldn't more spectrum be
allocated to accommodate them?