[kictanet] Digital migration and mass ignorance

Mark Mwangi mwangy at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 15:34:14 EAT 2012

I agree with Hook int saying that if the Govt. was serious about the
migration then they would have facilitated importation of the set-top boxes
if not banning imports of analogue tvs. The case being that they didn't do
that what now? Push the deadline again? and again?

I read a lot of mischief too in declaring that a potentially humongous
swath of the country will have no access to the TV news come January 2013.
Where are the Set-top boxes? and where is the movement of the government in
educating the public why they need to bother with these fangled
contraptions? The media campaign with TVs swimming across a river elicited
curiosity, not action.

Regards,

Mark Mwangi

markmwangi.me.ke