[kictanet] Under what conditions should we shut down twitter, internet, radio, TV in Kenya?

Francis Hook francis.hook at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 14:59:52 EAT 2012

I did not mention mobile communications...or HF or other forms.  Just
the broadcasting and internet (which itself is a form of
broadcasting).   I think many nations, on issues of national security
have such a clause in their legislation.   It makes sense to stifle
misinformation and manage it properly.  Otherwise rumours become
truths, emotions become actions, etc etc.

Ushahidi - nice to have....but I am not convinced about its efficacy as a tool.