[kictanet] Under what conditions should we shut down twitter, internet, radio, TV in Kenya?

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 04:46:07 EAT 2012

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 7:43 PM, Daniel Waweru <daniel.waweru at gmail.com> wrote:
> One case, at least, strikes me as obvious: if you have good reason to think
> that broadcasting material would lead to a direct threat to the safety of
> some other person, then there's good reason not to broadcast it.

That is true, but that is an editorial judgement on the part of the
media house/radio station/newspaper.

If they violate the law, then there MUST be consequences.

If there's
> a means of communication which persistently puts out stuff that meets that
> standard, then there's a pretty good case for shutting it down.

if it is a single radio station for example, then yes, a court could
find them in violation of the law and order them to cease.

That doesn't mean ALL radio stations should be shutdown.

that's is my 2 bob anyway.

--
Cheers,

McTim