[kictanet] CAUTION ON HARDLINE POSITIONS

Grace Githaiga ggithaiga at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 4 16:18:05 EAT 2012

BrianThere was never any doubt in the CCK led delegation in terms of their capacities and experience in leading the Kenya team into the ITU negotiations. We all have confidence in the team and take cognizance of the need to show a unified front in Dubai.
We however asked for clarification on stakeholder participation in relation to development of national positions and more so taking into consideration the provisions of the new Constitution of Kenya, 2010 which provides for the participation of citizens as one of the national values and principles of governance. Article 10 inter alia provides that:-
10. (1) The national values and principles of governance in this Article bind all State organs, State officers, public officers and all persons whenever any of them––(a) applies or interprets this Constitution; (b) enacts, applies or interprets any law; or(c) makes or implements public policy decisions.
(2) The national values and principles of governance include––(a) patriotism, national unity, sharing and devolution of power, the rule of law, democracy and participation of the people;...
With Kind RegardsGG