[kictanet] Nairobi switches to digital TV signal by December 31

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 15:04:08 EAT 2012

I think that anyone who can afford the luxury of a TV can also afford an
STB. Well, we all have different approaches/angles to look at the same
thing.
It is the same PS, Dr. Ndemo, whose responsibility is to convince Treasury
to zero-rate STBs. So it's better for us to push the PS towards that than
start reasoning the way I heard Mr. Mutoro do on TV yesterday evening. For
us to move ahead, we cannot afford to have to wait for everyone to "move in
unison". We must always let others "catch up" as is always with technology.

Hey, and knowing Kenyans with their "last-minute actions", I can bet that
even if the decision was put on hold till 2015, still millions of Kenyans
will NOT have bought the gadgets, but opt for "tunaomba serikali isaidie
mKenya wa kawaida..". That is why I am behind the PS 101% on the switch off.

Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,
Nairobi,KE
+254733744121/+254722743223