[kictanet] Counterfeit Eggs and why we must automate produce records

bitange at jambo.co.ke bitange at jambo.co.ke
Tue Aug 28 22:10:41 EAT 2012

Mr. Lusega,
I see so many great software solutions but we have never managed to recognize our own creativity. This is probably what Ngugi called decolonizing the mind.  Last Friday I launched Bata Online at Sankara Hotel.  What made my day was that Bata will utilize our own Liko's payment gateway, Pesapal.  These in my view would be some of the incremental gains that will create confidence among ourselves.

The current procurement law is a reflection of how distrust ourselves and we all have to blame.  We abuse any minor loophole that exist to the extent that even well meaning projects are hurt.  We simply must begin to embrace those values we created in the constitution.  Sad that we want to legislate values when more than 90% of us belong to some religion.

Counterfeit eggs must provoke us to build systems that will ensure the security of our people. How can we leverage on technology to protect our produce from the farmer to the market? Do we have a farmer database? Can we use such technologies such as RFID to enable sources and traceability of produce? I this is why we went to school.

Ndemo.

Sent from my BlackBerry®