[kictanet] Craft Silicon to Relocate

Rad! conradakunga at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 00:13:44 EAT 2012

Unless you know something I don't Robert, there is no connection between
Nokia and Virtual City that extends to their influencing it's location.

As for tax incentives for foreign software this is not necessarily a bad
thing. There is some software that local firms need that local software
companies cannot or will not produce. This software being cheaper is a good
thing holistically.

The greater issue then is what can be done to stimulate the local software
industry? Personally my problem is not Microsoft and Oracle software being
cheaper. This is in fact a kick in the pants to competitors and an
opportunity for integrators. My problem is we are not creating a culture
and environment for local Micrososfts and Oracles to develop and thrive.

I'm pretty sure the success of ESET (Slovakia), Bitdefender (Romania), AVG
(Czech Republic), Avast (Czech Republic) is not due to tax holidays. Let us
treat diseases, not symptoms.