[kictanet] RRA queuing system

Mark Mwangi mwangy at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 10:38:41 EAT 2012

Throwing technology at a human problem will not make it go away.

People like to explain their cases imagining that it is very unique and not
subject to an automated procedure like ticketing. Also it is not used since
the staff themselves do not adhere to it. The Orange shop behind Teleposta
towers used to have the system but it was rarely used with people simply
looking for the next free teller.

Another case of solving a problem that doesn't exist. The system that I
find works is the one in Barclays bank where people queue normally and when
a teller is free he hits a buzzer that lights a display that indicates
he/she is free. That works. Tickets are rather wasteful of paper and human
resources.

On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 7:29 AM, Edna shiko <ednawanjiku at gmail.com> wrote:

> Wish it would bbe adopted in many public offices KQ at BArclays plaza have
> this system in place its awesome
>
> On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 8:58 PM, John Kariuki <
> ngethe.kariuki2007 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> James,
>> You are right. There is too much unnecessary hustling in queues in this
>> country.Such hustling,in my view, is incompatible with our own VISION 2030
>> as time wasted could be used more productively. So, if we have no better
>> idea,it may help to just copy and paste from those institutions who already
>> have such a system. I know of two,CHARTIS Insurance and Air-Tel, Sarit
>> Centre.
>>
>> John Kariuki

Regards,

Mark Mwangi