[kictanet] CCK hosting its website abroad

Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Mon Apr 23 08:56:35 EAT 2012

Mr. Mucheru, You have succeded thinking like a businessman.

But don't forget CCK is the government. The government banned importing
furniture for its offices. The spirit of that gazette notice was, "the
government should utilize local resources first, before looking abroad
for unavailable resources."

India surpassed Japan as the World third largest economy
http://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2011/09/21/india-likely-to-replace-japan-as-worlds-third-largest-economy/

How is India doing it? How is China doing it? We all know the
long-long-long term effect of supporting local products and services (not
minding the nationality of who owns them)

   1. Buy Local -- Support yourself
   2. Create more good jobs: Small local businesses are the largest
   employer nationally, and provide the most jobs to residents.
   3. Invest in community: Local businesses are owned by people who live in
   this community, are less likely to leave, and are more invested in the
   community’s future.
   4. Encourage local prosperity: A growing body of economic research shows
   that in an increasingly homogenized world, entrepreneurs and skilled
   workers are more likely to invest and settle in communities that preserve
   their one-of-a-kind businesses and distinctive character.
   5. Keeping Local Ksh in the Economy: We are always crying how the dollar
   is going up, e.t.c. while we are importing useless stuff.

Any fact facing us is not as important as our attitude toward it. - Norman
Peale

10rdmwesh

Mwendwa Kivuva
For