[kictanet] Day 4: e-Discussion on Aligning records management with ICT e-government and Freedom of Information in East Africa/ Where are you Listers?

Kerubo Ombati kaykerubo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 14:47:56 EAT 2011

hi Listers,

in brief response to today's question:

   - i do not think that electronic records are more secure than hard copy
   records because they are more readily available to many people and are more
   easily subject to manipulation
   - as far as maintaining originality of the records when digitizing,the
   easiest way to do this is by scanning because physical input results in
   errors
   - The Planning required to ensure the originality of records are
   maintained is first and foremost to task only one body/institution with the
   exclusive mandate of digitizing records to avoid overlaps and for the sake
   of accountability