[kictanet] Day 2: Resumption of e-Discussion on Aligning records management with ICT e-government and Freedom of Information in East Africa

Kerubo Ombati kaykerubo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 14:25:05 EAT 2011

hi listers,

what bodies are tasked with management of govt. records?

   - If we have a look at the Public Archives and Documentation Service Act,
   you will see that the government has mandated the Kenya National Archives
   and Documentation Service to be in charge of housing,control and
   preservation of public records.
   - Additionally, the National council for Law Reporting manages
   publication of law reports which contain judgments,rulings and opinions of
   the court as far as the judiciary is concerned and it is established under
   the National Council for Law Reporting Act,1994 and given the exclusive
   mandate to publish what are known as the Kenya Law Reports

Regards,
Kerubo