[kictanet] Registrar of Companies computerisation

Rad! conradakunga at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 09:35:34 EAT 2011

Maybe its's just me but I'm not convinced there is commitment in some
quarters to implement some of these initiatives fully.

I have a friend working in Rwanda and he tells me you can register a
business  on-line within 48 hours. Imagine that. 48 hours. Start to finish.

Compare and contrast with us here. What possible reason do we have for not
doing the same? Where we still have that absurdity of 3 days for a business
name search?

The other initiative of course has to be some sort of record
- automating the lands ministry. Every lands minister that i can remember
has launched this and mysteriously all these attempts have mysteriously
vanished.

Why are we chest thumping about vision 2030 and vision 2011 that is just
within our reach we refuse to grasp?

On Monday, September 5, 2011, Barrack Otieno <otieno.barrack at gmail.com>
wrote:
> I think in addition to computerisation some people need prayer, they are
stuck with very crazy mentalities, change management 2.0
> Kind Regards
>
> On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 9:20 AM, Harry Karanja <kairo at softlaw.co.ke> wrote:
>>
>> Robert, Good luck if you can get it in a week. Mine took 2 months and at
one point my letter was "lost".

>> Regards,
>> Harry Karanja
>> Sent from my iPhone
>> On Sep 5, 2011, at 8:19 AM, robert yawe <robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> I believe we had been informed on this list that the registrar of
companies had installed a new electronic system.
>> Last week I asked my company secretary to get us a CR12 which is a
document confirming the current directors of a company that is issued by the
registrar of companies.  He told me that it normally takes 3 days, I then
mentioned to him that the department had been computerised and I that it
should not take more than a day to get the document.
>> I have spoken to him this morning and he told me that they where informed
that the process now takes 1 week up from the previous 3 days.
>> My question to e-government and KICTB, the department of the registrar of
companies computerised or not and if it is exactly which functions have been
completed?
>> Regards
>>
>> Robert Yawe
>> KAY System Technologies Ltd
>> Phoenix House, 6th Floor
>> P O Box 55806 Nairobi, 00200
>> Kenya
>>
>> Tel: +254722511225 <tel:%2B254722511225>, +254202010696
 <tel:%2B254202010696>

http://lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/options/kictanet/kairo%40softlaw.co.ke>
http://lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/options/kictanet/kairo%40softlaw.co.ke

for people and institutions interested and involved in ICT policy and
regulation. The network aims to act as a catalyst for reform in the ICT
sector in support of the national aim of ICT enabled growth and development.

online that you follow in real life: respect people's times and bandwidth,
share knowledge, don't flame or abuse or personalize, respect privacy, do
not spam, do not market your wares or qualifications.

http://lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/options/kictanet/otieno.barrack%40gmail.com