[kictanet] Freedom of Information laws and records management/More questions raised by Dr Ndemo and Harry Delano

justus wamukoya jwamukoya1 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 22 10:03:54 EAT 2011

Thanks Dr. Ndemo for your thoughts.It is true that organizations public as well as private need to manage their information as well as records well enough that citizens can have access to quality information that will enable them ascertain their various rights. This will require a more systematic approach in the way we automate our registries to ensure provision of quality information. Currently, government efforts in various information sectors such as ICT, e-Government, Records Management and FOI are disjointed and not adequately coordinated. Professionals in each sector are doing their own thing without paying attention to what is happenning in other sectors. We can certainly take this country places by having in place a more systematic and integrated approach towards information management with more attention being paid to standards.

Have  a good day.

Justus