[kictanet] On Declining English grammar in our Newsprint

Dennis Kioko dmbuvi at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 20:11:08 EAT 2011

As Adeya points out in another thread (my apologies if you are stuck in the
past of unthreaded email) we all have different talents. Some people are
good in copy editing, bad in factual checking. The problem may be that the
publication may not afford a copy editor, or enough of them.

As for crumbling roads, one of the MPs on the list told me of how H & Young
did a road in his constituency, only for it to crumble after a few months.
He called one of the top level managers at the firm, who absolved H & Young
of the blame. He said the Ministry of Roads had odered the road done to a
low standard, with the aim of soon allocating funds for repair.

In this nation, it is a pride to take the Short well trodden road to riches.
We also love forgiving each other and apportioning much of the blame to
Satan and evil spirits. We will soon hold prayers at Uhuru Park to ask the
Lord to intervene in the matter of collapsing buildings.

--
with Regards:

blog.denniskioko.com <http://www.denniskioko.com/>