[kictanet] Fw: SOUVENIR E-MAIL FROM CJ (Was Hongera Nd. Duncan Okello, Heko Bw. CJ!)

Shem Ochuodho shemochuodho at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 6 16:05:11 EAT 2011

Friends,

Here below is my Souvenir E-Mail from the Head of the Judiciary (perhaps the most important arm of government especially at the moment) as we go through a land-mark transition.

Souvenir because it is the very first time I am receiving an EMAIL communication from a Head of the 3 arms of government (GoK). It is my second most treasured e-communications; the first being the Letter from then Head of Public Service, Prof. Philip Mbithi to all PS's, DG Intelligence (then Special Branch), Heads of State Corporations, etc cautioning them against connecting to Internet (read ARCC & UNEP) without the express clearance from his office.

The third one was a reply from the then CEO of one of Kenya's top-most media houses when ARCC wrote to interest them in Internet and e-Mail. Your guess is as good as mine! We've come a long way - but still have much longer to go.

Hongera once more Your Lordship!

Shem

Shem J. Ochuodho, MSc (Eng), PhD, LLD (Hon)
Senior Advisor
Ministry of Telecom & Postal Services
Republic of South Sudan (RSS), Juba
Commonwealth Telecom Organization (CTO/RSS) 2010 African Internaut Award Recipient
Kenya Community Abroad (KCA) 2007 Excellence Award Winner
AfricaOnline 2005 Industry Pioneer Award Recipient
Father of Internet in Kenya (Computer Society of Kenya - CSK 2000)
Cell: +211-977-232025/+249-955-021-040/+254-725-016679
Skype: shem.ochuodho