[kictanet] Vizualisations on Student Teacher Ratio

Edwin Onchari eonchari at lynxbits.com
Wed Oct 5 20:27:59 EAT 2011

I am not an educationist, but I would wish to add onto the recent
announcement by the education ministry to post "county education directors:

1. The recruitment process must be public and rigorous (to ensure that the
right people hired).
2. County government should be directed to allot a minimum $$ towards
education to attract the best teachers and develop education programs in
their counties supplementing any $$ allocations from the central govt.
3. Allow Counties to form local and international partnerships that will
attract investment in the education sector (not sure if this is spelt out in
our constitution or not).
4.More child development responsibilities (signing the diary, attending one
on one interviews with teachers at least twice a term, etc )must be
transferred to parents of children in public schools, just like is the case
in many private schools

My thoughts,

Edwin