[kictanet] 3772 Kenya Gazette supplement no. 130

Grace Githaiga ggithaiga at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 2 14:25:51 EAT 2011

Wash
For the avoidance of doubt….

44.   Driving under influence of drink
(1)  Any person who, when driving or attempting to drive, or when in charge of a motor vehicle on a road or other public place, is under the influence of drink or a drug to such an extent as to be incapable of having proper control of the vehicle, shall be guilty of an offence and liable to a fine not exceeding ten thousand shillings or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding eighteen months or to both.
[No. 11 of 1983, Schedule, No. 1 of 1986, s. 10.]
(2)  A person convicted of an offence under this section shall, without prejudice to the power of the court to order a longer period of disqualification, be disqualified, for a period of twelve months from the date of conviction, for holding or obtaining a licence.

 Maybe this time the rules will be enforced. Ofcourse you know what eighteen months in jail would mean. The Kenyan Police will have a ball...obviously some (maybe many) people will bribe...

If you have the strength to survive, you have the power to succeed. Life is all about choices we make depending upon the situation we are in. Go forth and rule the World!