[kictanet] 3772 Kenya Gazette supplement no. 130

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 13:59:05 EAT 2011

1. Alcoblow:

I wish our Policemen would be as civil as some cops in the  EU, but again,
the level of civility probably starts with the community. I think the
Alcoblow is a good thing, but if you think about how our cops abuse the
speed guns, then you can see how much they are also going to abuse the
Alcoblow. It's simply absurd.

2. Speed cameras:

I haven't seen any speed cameras installed anywhere. Are these supposed to
replace the speed guns the cops have always used?

3. Reflective Triangles:

Thanks for this. This is new. Reminds me of the days of the seat belts and
speed governors. Some businessmen in the know already had them in high
seas! When they got here, the bizmen made their killing. However the Police
were not anywhere near willing to enforce the rules.
This reflective triangles rule smells the same. You only need reflective
triangles when a vehicle breaks down. Did Kimunya contemplate a situation
where vehicles will always break down in KE?