[kictanet] Ndemo's Presidential Debate Final Report?

Suraj Shah suraj at surajshah.co.ke
Tue Nov 1 18:55:56 EAT 2011

You have hit the nail on the head Phares.  There needs to be a law that if a
local product is available, all sellers can sell the imported variety of the
same product only if the local product is also sold side by side.  These
being cost conscious times, local products will definitely be bought more
often over imported ones.

However the question that begs to be answered is, why are local products not
making their way to local shelves?  Kenya grows amazing export quality
fruits and vegetables, which get ... exported!  And then we import good
looking oranges, strawberries, peaches etc while someone else in another
country is eating equally good looking and tasting Kenyan fruit.