[kictanet] OT: Request For Participation In Research Study - Device Analyzer

rsohan at gmail.com rsohan at gmail.com
Mon May 23 15:07:25 EAT 2011

Dear KictaNet users,

Device Analyzer is an app for Android devices running Android 2.1
or higher. It will run in the background while you use your phone
and will collect statistics about what you do: phone calls, data
transfer, running applications, etc. This information can help
you find out how you use your phone or how much of your 3G data
plan you have used.  More advanced analytics will come with
future updates. The statistics are then stripped of personally
identifying data and will be sent to our server at the University
of Cambridge where we will conduct analyses on a large dataset
collected from hundreds of users worldwide. You can select
whether you would prefer for your data to be used only inside the
University of Cambridge or if we may release your data after you
had 3 months to review what we will be releasing.

We would be very interested in getting some users from Kenya, given its
vibrant mobile scene.  For further information see the project webpage:
http://goo.gl/SeW6r or download Device Analyzer from your Android phone:
market://details?id=uk.ac.cam.deviceanalyzer

Please feel free to forward this request to friends and colleagues.

Kind regards

Rip Sohan (on behalf of Daniel Wagner)