[kictanet] [ke-internetusers] Kenya's Mobile Money Innovation &Dr Mukhisa Kituyi's Article in Today's Nation

bitange at jambo.co.ke bitange at jambo.co.ke
Mon May 23 10:53:16 EAT 2011

Samuel,
Since I have been on air for the past 20 hours, I have not read the Nation Article.  However,  a number of young Kenyans came to my office saying they were the ones who came up with the mpesa idea.  I assisted them to secure an appointment with then CEO and told them that in the event nothing happens, the best arbiter is court.  They never came back to me and up to date, I have not seen them.  The reason why I take the current position as true.

When I first approached the them acting Govenor, the response was a straight no.  After a series of meetings involving Treasury and CBK we obtained some approval.  There were some progressive thinker in CBK such as Mwaura who made it easier. We must also credit Michael and his team for their persistence.

I will look for the article and possibly make further comments.

Ndemo.

Sent from my BlackBerry®

 Dr Mukhisa Kituyi's Article in Today's Nation