[kictanet] Safaricom Recharge Vouchers - Cart & Horse Story

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Mon May 16 19:15:13 EAT 2011

Just wondering, now that Safaricom has >12-digit for the PIN in their
recharge vouchers (scratch cards), when they will update the SIM menu char
limit for when you want to load credit.
This is especially a problem when you want to "Top other number". At this
moment in time, you have to send an sms to 141 with PIN#OtherNumber, which
is fine, but cances of OtherNumber going in incorrectly to become
SomeOtherNumber is way too risky.

Isn't this akin to "putting the cart in front of the horse"?
I'd have hoped they'd effect and initiate a process where clients would be
informed to run an update to the SIM cards (menu), then push out the

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,